Simple and delicious, these baked cheesy zucchini bites are so easy to make!
- Beston Gruyère, 200g grated
- Champagne Leg Ham Smoked on Bone, 300g thinly diced
- Zucchini, 2 whole grated
- Wholemeal Self-Raising Flour, 1/2 cup
- Lemon juice, 1/2 whole lemon freshly squeezed
- Garlic clove, 1 finely chopped
- Egg, 2 lightly beaten
- Flat-leaf parsley, 1 cup finely chopped
- Extra Virgin Olive oil (or canola oil), 100mL
- Rock Salt
- Black Pepper
- Sour cream (to serve)
- Whisk lemon juice, eggs, 1 teaspoon salt and 100mL water in a bowl.
- Add grated zucchini, grated gruyère, diced ham, flour, garlic and parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well until all ingredients are uniformly combined.
- Form into small balls (makes 20-24) using a tablespoon to portion, place on a tray lined with baking paper and refrigerate for at least 20-30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Carefully add balls in batches and fry, turning occasionally, until golden (7-9 minutes).
- Place fritters on paper towels with a spoon then transfer straight to serving platter and serve hot.
- Serve with sour cream garnished with parsley.