Stuffed mushrooms are the perfect party appetizer or even a small meal for two.
Edwards Crossing Cheddar Cheese, 200g, grated
Edwards Crossing Mozzarella, 200g, grated
Cured Rolled Pancetta, 12 slices
6 large Portobello mushrooms
2 medium brown onions, peeled and diced
4 cloves minced garlic
1/2 cup roughly chopped parsley
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Lightly cook pancetta slices in a fry pan over medium heat, approx. 1-2 minutes, turning once. Transfer pancetta to a paper towel to drain. Allow to cool and chop into small pieces.
- Dice the mushroom stalks and add diced onions and minced garlic into the pan. Cook over medium heat until the onions are browned for approx. 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove the pan from heat.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Transfer the mushrooms, onion and garlic to a large bowl. Add the cheddar and mozzarella cheese mix, salt and pepper and stir until well-mixed. Finally, stir in the pancetta.
- Stuff each of Portobello mushrooms with the mixture. Place the stuffed Portobellos onto a greased oven dish, arranging them side-by-side.
- Transfer the dish to the oven and bake until the Portobellos are cooked and cheese is melted, approx. 20 minutes.
- Remove and let the mushrooms rest for 5 minutes. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.